Submitted by the Event Organizer
Leave your quarters at home (but bring your watch) and go shopping in Oakland during the holiday season, from New Year’s Day to Christmas Day.
The city of Oakland will offer free off-street parking at city-owned garages and lots to encourage holiday shoppers to check out local merchants.
Please note that time limits will still apply, so you’ll have to keep track of time as you shop.
2019 Free Parking Days
Free Off-Street Parking Dates & Details
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday – Third Monday of January
- President’s Day – Third Monday of February
- Memorial Day – Last Monday of May
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – First Monday of September
- Thanksgiving Day – Fourth Thursday of November
- Christmas Day – December 25
If the holidays falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is a parking holiday.
The City of Oakland is offering free parking at four City-owned garages and five City-owned parking lots for the time-period posted on the meter, kiosk, or sign (30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours or 5 hours).
Participating City-Owned Garages
The holiday parking program will also offer free parking on the designated Sundays at the following City-owned garages:
- City Center West Garage at 1250 Martin Luther King Jr Way
- Franklin Plaza Garage at 1719 Franklin St.
- Franklin 88 Garage at 989 Franklin St.
- Montclair Garage at 6235 LaSalle Avenue
- Dalziel Garage at 250 Frank H Ogawa Plaza
- Pacific Renaissance Garage at 388 9th St.
- Telegraph Plaza Garage at 2102 Telegraph Ave.
- Lakeshore Avenue Garage on Wesley Way between Trestle Glen Road and Lake Park Avenue
- 1200 Harrison Garage at 12th St.
Participating City-Owned Lots
The free holiday parking applies to the following City-owned lots on designated Sundays:
- Grand Avenue Lot in the 3270 block of Grand Avenue
- LakePark Lot under 545 Lakepark Avenue
- Piedmont Avenue Lot on 4008 Howe St.
- Valdez Lot on 2315 Valdez St.
- 1800 San Pablo Lot on 1800 San Pablo Ave
- Parkway Lot on 315 Wayne Pl
- Dimond Lot on 3400 Dimond Ave
- Scout Lot on 2250 Mountain Blvd
To encourage turn-over of parking spots to better sure availability for shoppers, both on-street and in off-street parking lots, the City will maintain standard pricing at all street meters and in City-owned garages and lots. On-street parking is available for free every Sunday. Time limits still apply.
Shoppers are reminded that parking at street meters is free on Sundays year-round.
Motorists should note and follow the maximum time limits posted; standard parking rules and time limits will be enforced.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Free parking, but stated time limits will still be enforced.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, East Bay
, Shopping & Fashion