Cinco de Mayo Party Guide | 2012
Celebrating Cinco de Mayo 2012 can get pretty expensive, especially if you like a bit of drinking.
Lucky for you, FuncheapSF has dug up plenty to entertain even the most frugal folks this holiday weekend. This weekend, dive into downtown block parties, BBQs, park festivals, free tequila and more.
Cinco De Mayo 2012 Block Party | Financial District
Taverna Aventine shuts down Hotaling Alley just north of the Transamerica Building with music by BANG DATA, DJ Billy Vidal, and DJ Alessandro plus the Chaac-Mool Yucatecan food truck (part of La Cocina).
Friday, May 4 | 4pm – 11pm | FREE | Taverna Aventine | 582 Washington St. | Financial District
Cinco de Mayo Beer Olympics | North Beach
Ring in Cinco de Mayo at the Beer Olympics and enjoy $2 tequila shots, $3 margaritas, and 5 Beers for $10. Compete against the team with the matching Sombrero.
Friday, May 4 | 8:30pm – 11:30pm | FREE but you’ll have to buy your own booze | Impala | 501 Broadway St. | North Beach
8th Annual Cinco De Mayo Festival | Dolores Park
Bring your picnic basket and enjoy this annual all day family-friendly celebration with live Mariachi & salsa music, cultural performances and Aztec dances, free health services, a kids culture camp and more.
Saturday, May 5 | 10am – 6pm | FREE, except Zumba Class | Dolores Park | Mission
Hard French: Pico de Gallo Party, Free BBQ, $1 Beers | El Rio
Come on out to El Rio for $1 beers, free BBQ, a photo booth, Hard French Jiggalicious Dance Babes, and DJ Carnita & DJ Brown Amy playing the 60s girl groups, early ’70s soulful funk, boogaloo, garage & Northern Soul stompers.
Saturday, May 5 | 2pm – 8pm | $7 | El Rio | 3158 Mission St. | Mission
Free Cab Rides on Cinco De Mayo 2012 | SF & East Bay
Cinco de Mayo revelers in Alameda, Oakland, Berkeley, and San Francisco can get their cab rides home paid for throughout the night of May 5 as Alameda law firm Berg Injury Lawyers once again is sponsoring the “Safe and Sober Free Cab Ride Home” program.
Saturday, May 5 | 3pm – 3am | FREE but cabs must be requested by phone, anything over $35 must be paid in cash
Cinco de Mayo Weekend Events
Friday, May 4 2012
- Cinco De Mayo with Ballet Folklorico Mexicano | Oakland
- Cinco De Mayo 2012 Block Party | Financial District
- Cinco de Mayo Beer Olympics | North Beach
Saturday, May 5 2012
- San Francisco Cinco De Mayo Festival 2012 | Dolores Park
- Free Cinco de Mayo Salsa Concert | Dolores Park
- A la Carte & Art: Music, Art & Margaritas | South Bay
- Cinco De Mayo Celebration at Santana Row | San Jose
- Cinco de Mayo Block Party | Bayview
- Cinco de Derby: Free Shot of Tequila | Mission
- Open House with Free Margaritas, CS6 Demo & Raffle Prizes | Mission
- Hard French: Pico de Gallo Party, Free BBQ, $1 Beers | El Rio
- Free Cab Rides on Cinco De Mayo 2012 | SF & East Bay
- Free Cinco de Mayo Festival | Santa Rosa
- Post-Giants Game Cinco Celebration | SoMa
- Win Tix: Food Social SF: Cinco de Mayo Food Fiesta | Mission Dist.