Dog Surfing Championships
The World Championships for Dog Surfing take place on the NorCal coast — where the concept for the sport originated with big thanks to the book that started it all – The Dog’s Guide to Surfing – bringing together dog surfing talent for charity. Dog surfers are invited to bring home the gold.
Categories include small, medium, large and very large dog surfing, plus tandem “double dog” surfing along with tandem human/dog surfing.
During the event, there will be a number of activities including the surf competition, partner tents, frisbee catching, ball-fetch-in-water contests, doggie fashion show and more.
A portion of proceeds go to dog, surfing and environmental non-profits.
Subject to change
- Entrant Check-In: 9am-10m
- Dog Surfing (exhibitions and heats): 10am-12pm
- Human Solo Surfing: 12-1pm
- Awards & Prizes Announced: 1:00pm-2:00pm
Pet Wellness Fair (10a-2p)
- Give Your Dog A Checkup (Nails, Teeth, Weight, Tips, Vet Questions)
- Massage And Fitness By Happy Hounds Massage
- Mobile pet adoptions
Surf Dog Village (10a-2p)
- Dog Disc Competition (i.e. Beach Frisbee Catching)
Ball-fetch-in-water Competition (Time TBD)
- (Speed And Distance For Dog To Retrieve Ball Tossed In Water)
Costume Contest (Noon to 1pm)
- Dog Costumes
- Human Costumes
- Dog And Human (Mixed Tandem)
Yappy Hour After Event (2:30p to 5p)Dale Hernandez
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap