Free Rare Guided Walking Tour Month
San Francisco City Guides offers dozens of free guided walking tours, all over the city, throughout the year.
But things get special during the months of May and October each year, when the San Francisco weather is particularly pleasant, City Guides add a slate of rare neighborhood explorations to its year round tour schedule.
Go off the beaten path and discover the colorful characters, beautiful vistas, and charming architectural treasures that can be found in communities like the Inner Richmond, Visitacion Valley, or West Portal. Each San Francisco neighborhood has a distinct architecture, history, and personality that deserve in-depth exploration.
Special May 2014 Walking Tours
All tours are free, but donations accepted. First come, first served.
- 1850’s San Francisco: Paris Of The Pacific
- Bungalows of Westwood Park
- Club Land – Architecture and Culture of San Francisco’s Grand Old Clubs
- Diego Rivera Mural at City College
- Embarcadero Skyway
- Excelsior Stroll
- Financial District
- Glen Park Neighborhood
- Golden Gate Heights Stairways
- Hike in Glen Canyon Park
- Inner Richmond: Part I
- Inner Richmond: Part II
- Mt. Davidson Hike
- Old South Park
- Potrero Hill
- Russian Hill, Architecture and Culture of an Island in the City
- Sacred Places In San Francisco
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Part I
- Tenderloin Neighborhood Part II
- UCSF/Mission Bay: From Shells to Cells
- Uncovering the Parkside
- Visitacion Valley Part I
- Visitacion Valley Part II
- West Side Whimsy Walk
Complete schedule of tours for May 2014