The Museum of Ice Cream: Tickets On Sale Friday
Classify this under “worth the splurge.” Get ready to dive into sprinkles… the Museum of Ice Cream is officially coming to San Francisco in September 2017.
This pop-up museum has already melted hearts (and Instagram filters) in New York and Los Angeles and soon it will be opening up at 1 Grant Ave. at Market Street in SF.
Our museum will open in September with tickets costing a whopping $38 (that’s up from $29 in LA… but when you sell out your run, we guess you’re allowed to do anything you want with your prices.) So even though this is FunExpensive rather than FunCheap we’ve gotten a lot of requests to keep people updated, so here you are. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, August 25th.
Museum of Ice Cream San Francisco
Opening September 17, 2017
1 Grant Ave., SF
Tickets: $38 (all ages)
Ticket On Sale Dates
– American Express Platinum Presale – Wednesday 8/23 at 9 am
– All Card American Express Presale – Thursday 8/24 at 9 am
– General Public on Sale – Friday 8/25 at 9 am
Tickets: $38 (all ages) – You can book dates through October 30th
- Opening day is September 17th for the general public
- September 16th is “Platinum Opening Day” with a pop-up Platinum Lounge with a special tasting, interactive experience and more.
- Multiple ice cream treats are included with your admission.
- You can purchase up to six tickets.
- There are no tickets for sale at the venue.
- These are timed tickets, giving you a 20-minute window to arrive. If you miss your window, your tickets are no longer valid.
The reviews of the LA museum were mixed – with people concerned the experience is too short (only takes about 30 mins to explore) and over-hyped (duh), but it still looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
San Francisco will be completely reimagined with 10 themed rooms including a magical candy garden, psychedelic rainbow unicorns, a cherry on top sky, and more. Plus turn. underneath Museum of Ice Cream’s forty-five foot dome ceilings is the famous Sprinkle Pool – filled with over one hundred million custom designed sprinkles.
Throughout its residency, Museum of Ice Cream will showcase on rotation one “scoop of the week” from coveted creameries in California including Bi-Rite, It’s It, My/Mo Mochi, Salt & Straw and CREAM.
Categories: Art & Museums