SF’s New “Shared Spaces” Outdoor Dining Map Launched
The map is designed to make it easier for people to find Shared Spaces, check on permit status, or simply track the progress of the program. The Shared Space Dashboard is updated daily.
Major “Shared Spaces” Outdoor Dining Streets
- SF – Valencia Street – Car free and tables allowed in streets between 16th and 17th streets and 18th and 19th streets between 4 pm and 10 pm from Thursdays until Sundays.
- SF – Chinatown – “Walkway Weekends” Enjoy a stroll down iconic Grant avenue and Commercial for outdoor dining, historic walk, and Asian shopping under vibrant red lanterns every Saturday and Sunday through Sept 20, 2020. Tables typically set up 11am to 5pm.
- SF – Japantown – “Picnic on the Plaza” every Saturday & Sunday through September 27, 11:30 am to 8 pm
- SF – Castro – 18th Street one block east and west of Castro street – Every Sunday 1pm to 10pm
- SF – Hayes Valley – Hayes Street for three blocks (btwn Franklin and Laguna) plus a portion of Octavia – closed Fridays (4-10pm) and Saturdays and Sundays (10am to 10pm) – Starting August 30
- SF – Sunset Dist – Irving between 19th and 20th Avenues – Closed Thursday and Friday (3:30-11p) plus Saturday and Sunday (10:30am to 11pm) starting August 20th.
- SF – SoMa – Stevensen between 6th and 7th Streets – scheduled to be closed Thursdays 4-9pm starting September 10th through December 17th.
Next Steps: Keep Evolving and More Outreach
The Shared Spaces program will continue to evolve with new health orders and as other types of business reopen. By looking at the data, we also know that there are more Shared Spaces in some neighborhoods than others. While some of that disparity is related to density and location of restaurants, we also know that not everyone has the resources to take advantage of these programs during this challenging time. In the weeks ahead, we are dedicating more resources to targeted outreach in areas that are not already benefiting from the program.