San Francisco COVID Cases & Latest Stats (Updated Daily)
Here’s the latest COVID stats provided by the City of San Francisco. Please note that often there is a two or three day lag for statistics. And please note that some sources have some conflicting data. Last checked on 12/1/20.
Related: All 12 Free COVID Test Sites in San Francisco – Updated 11/16/20
What Tier is San Francisco In?
Technically, San Francisco should be in Red Tier, but has been manually placed in Purple – Widespread Tier “due to increasing trend”
– Adjusted case rate per 100,000 – 6.9 – Red Tier (4.0-7.0 adjusted daily new cases per 100k)
– Test Positivity – 1.8 – Yellow Tier (Less than 2.0% positive tests)
- If a county’s case rate and positivity rate fall into different tiers, the county remains in the stricter tier.
- Please note the stats the state uses in the above numbers may differ from those below and may be based on lagging data.
Comparing San Francisco to State & Country
COIVD Test Positivity Rate
Total Deaths per 100k Population
- San Francisco – 18.1
- California – 48.6
- United States – 81.4
Key Public Health Indicators
- Rate of Weekly Change in COVID Positive Hospitalizations – 58% – Level 4: High Alert (down from 63%)
- 7-day Average Percentage of Acute Care Beds Available – 33% – Level 1: Meeting Target (up from 28%)
- 7-day Average Percentage of ICU Beds Available – 33% – Level 1: Meeting Target (up from 31%)
- Total Confirmed COVID-19 Hospitalizations Patient Count – 91 (No target set) – up from 73
- Average New Cases per Day per 100,000 Residents – 16.0 – Level 4: High Alert (up from 15.7)
- 7-day Average Tests Collected per Day – 8.718 – Level 1: Meeting Target (up from 7,937)
- 7-day Rolling Average Percent Positivity – 1.94% (No target set) – down from 2.12%