Leap Sandcastle Contest
NoCal’s largest sandcastle building contest with 28 teams of architects & builders | Sat Oct. 20
By Johnny Funcheap - posted 10/17/2012 No Comment
Northern California’s largest sandcastle building event, the 29th annual Leap Sandcastle Contest is a spirited competition between teams of architects, engineers, contractors, designers and local elementary school students at Ocean Beach (just below the cliff house) on October 20, 2012 from 10am to 4pm.
There’s also a community castle for everyone to join in to build.
29th Annual Sandcastle Contest
2012 Theme “Things that Jump”
– Saturday, October 20, 2012 (10a-4p)
– Ocean Beach, Balboa Street and Great Highway, SF
– FREE to watch
- 28 Building Teams comprised of architects, builders, engineers and corporations.
- 28 San Francisco schools = hundreds of students.
- 5 art and architecture industry celebrity judges.
- 3 food trucks create a mini-food truck meet up @ the beach.