$1,500 Grants for Local Artists
Yep, you read that headline right. SF Weekly is giving out money, in the form of three $1,500 grants, to local artists.
–DEADLINE IS JANUARY 21, 2011–
Not only could you win some moola to keep your projects going, but the top 10 submissions will be displayed at the SF Weekly’s Artopia party Feb. 16 at Public Works.
Artists working in performing arts, visual arts, fashion/design, and film/video/media are eligible to enter the Masterminds program. Each of the top 10 artists will have one work displayed at Artopia.
Submissions can come in the form of slides, photographs, DVDs, CD-ROMs, flash drives, a press kit, or a website. But please note that your submissions will not be returned — so send digital copies or photographs rather than originals.
SUBMIT ARTWORK in any of the following categories:
Visual — Fashion/Design — Performing Arts — Film/Video/Media
I CAN DO THAT! WHAT DO I DO?
- PACKAGE YOUR ART: slides, photographs, DVDs, CD-Roms, Flash Drives, Press Kit or Website
- INCLUDE: With your art please submit a cover letter (“Hi, I’m Daphne a clothes designer in the Mission…“), full contact info (name, address, phone number and e-mail address) and your statement about the work (“My concept if you will, the thing I am trying to get across is…”)
- MAIL IT: SF Weekly c/o Mollie McWilliams 185 Berry St. Suite 3800 San Francisco, CA 94107
- (or) E-MAIL IT: Mollie.McWilliams@SFWeekly.com
- DEADLINE: January 21, 2011 — no exceptions.
And good luck!
Categories: *Top Pick*, Art & Museums