Memorial Day Parade & 21-Gun Salute
Join veterans, families, and the community for Memorial Day 2012 at the Presidio. A procession will begin along the new greens in the Main Post (near Lincoln and Sheridan) at 10:30 am led by the 191st U.S. Army Band.
The parade will include veterans organizations, military vehicles, and the United States Park Police horse mounted patrol unit.
Memorial Day Commemoration & Parade
Monday, May 28, 2012 (Parade, 10:30a; Program, 11:00a)
Presidio Main Post & National Cemetery, San Francisco
- Parade of veterans, military vehicles and US Park Police horse mounted units (10:30a)
- Live music by the 191st U.S. Army Band
- Presentation of colors by a U.S. Army Color Guard
- Remarks from military and civilian dignitaries including Major General J. Michael Myatt
- Program ends at Noon with a 21-Gun Salute by the U.S. Army’s 5th Brigade 75th Division & 750th Garrison Support Unit
- Following the ceremony, the National Park Service will offer half-hour tours of the National Cemetery
- The Interfaith Center will provide a service with light refreshments at the historic chapel from 12:30-1:15 pm
- Parking is free on the Main Post, and shuttles will run from the Main Post to the San Francisco National Cemetery
Special Event Shuttle
A FREE special shuttle service will be provided from 9 am to 2 pm to serve Memorial Day visitors attending the ceremony at San Francisco National Cemetery. The shuttle will operate on a continuous loop between the Main Post (near the corner of Graham Street and Sheridan) and National Cemetery. Later in the program the shuttle will also provide continuous service to events at the Presidio Chapel.