“Mission Crit” Crazy Bike Race Through the Mission
The Mission Crit is an unsanctioned bicycle race held on a short, technical circuit in the Mission District of San Francisco. It is the first race of its kind to win approval from the city of San Francisco. The 40-minute race pits elite road racers, track racers, and bicycle messengers against each other on fixed-gear track bicycles in a fast-paced, high-adrenaline competition.
The rules? No brakes, no levers, no lights, no water bottles (don’t worry, you won’t have time to take a sip anyway). To get a feel for the race, read about it and see more photos on Mission Mission.
4th Annual Mission Crit
Saturday, April 22, 2017 | 4 to 10 pm
2111 Harrison St, San Francisco
FREE to watch; $45 to race
- 4 pm-5:50 pm – Racer Placement Rounds
- 6:00 – 6:35 pm – Men’s B Race
- 6:50 – 7:15 pm – Juniors Race
- 7:30 – 7:45 pm – Cargo Bike Race
- 8 – 8:45 pm – Women’s Race
- 9-9:45 pm – Men’s Main Race