No Pants BART Ride Day
Drop your pants for the 18th Annual No Pants Subway Ride which will take place on Sunday, January 13, 2019 in San Francisco.
The whole point is for 600+ people to ride BART (and then Muni) without any pants (wearing interesting undies and colorful socks) and to keep a straight face and act completely normal.
There are two meeting points this year. Take your pick.
- Peninsula (the main meetup spot): Meet downstairs (inside) at Daly City Station – https://bit.ly/2SgKOOV
- East Bay: Meet downstairs at (inside) Berkley Station – https://bit.ly/2T4hawh
1) 1:50 pm: Meet at meetup spots
2) 2 pm: Head to BART trains
3) 2 pm: Ride BART trains sans pants
4) Get off BART and head to the surface
5) Walk to City Hall; Instructions to after party (~2:40 pm)
6) 3-6 pm: After party without pants (TBA)
7) Follow @NoPantsSF or #NPSR on Twitter for live updates
9) RSVP to the after party
Everyone should meet at their chosen meeting point at 1:50 pm. Feel free to be early. If you don’t catch the group, just ride around until you spot a group and quietly join them. Aim to be at City Hall by 2:40 pm.
At the meeting point, they’ll instruct which trains the group will be riding. They will be running groups NB and SB simultaneously.
Sit in the car as you normally would. Read a magazine or whatever you would normally do. Your team leader will have already divided you into smaller groups, assigning your group a specific stop.
Remember, if anyone asks you why you’ve removed your pants, tell them that they were “getting uncomfortable” (or something along those lines).
Exit the train at your assigned stop and stand on the platform, pants-less. You will wait on the platform for the specified train to arrive.
When you enter, act as you normally would. You do not know any of the other pants-less riders. If questioned, tell folks that you “forgot to wear pants” and yes you are “a little cold.” Insist that it is a coincidence that others also forgot their pants. Be nice and friendly and normal.
Remember: Taking photos is not keeping a straight face. Enjoy the experience and resist the urge to document. Take those Instagram shots when the ride is over. There will be plenty of people who aren’t pants-less who will be taking pictures.