No Pants BART Ride Day
Drop your pants for the 19th Annual No Pants Subway Ride in San Francisco and the Bay Area.
The whole point is for 600+ people to ride BART (and then Muni) without any pants (wearing interesting undies and colorful socks) and to keep a straight face and act completely normal.
- When: Sunday, January 12 at 1:50 pm sharp. It’s recommended to arrive before 1:50 pm if you’re meeting in the East Bay.
- Where: Two meeting points across the bay
- Bring: A backpack/bag and a clipper card
- Wear: Normal SF winter clothes…without pants
- Twitter: Use #NPSR and mention @nopantssf <- follow for updates
- After The ride: TBA
How It Works:
There are two meeting points this year. Take your pick. Remember this is just suggested meeting points, get on at any station before these (or after) just be sure to arrive at Civic Center station between 2:10-2:20pm. (time the main groups arrive)
- Peninsula (Our main meetup spot): Meet Downstairs (inside) at Daly City BART Station – https://bit.ly/2SgKOOV
- East Bay: Meet Inside MacArthur BART station (upstairs on platform) – https://bit.ly/2AFQFqk *No Improv agents will be at this station; be brave (and pant-less) and talk to each other and make sure you are on the train (pant-less) at 1:55pm*
Feel free to create small groups and ride to these stations pant-less. We will be in the paid area, so you don’t have to exit and pay again if you ride to these stations without pants 🙂
Everyone should meet at their chosen meeting point at 1:50 PM. Please be early. If you don’t catch the group, just ride around until you spot a group and quietly join them, trying be at city hall by 2:40pm.
Everyone should exit Civic Center and walk upstairs, you’ll spot the group. Walk to the park in front of City Hall (meeting spot after the ride subject to change); don’t go on the steps just yet. https://bit.ly/2snu25h
We will be riding MUNI to the afterparty; be sure to load your clipper cards so transferring/riding will be easy.
All are invited to participate in the 19th Annual No Pants Subway Ride; this is San Francisco’s 12th annual.
Requirements For Participation:
– Willing to take pants off on subway (before you board)
– Able to keep a straight face about it
– At least $10-15 for the BART/MUNI rides and some extra for bar/etc.(or a clipper)
– Please no nudity
Be aware that by participating, you recognize that Improv Everywhere / the organizers of SF No Pants Subway Ride is not liable in the event you are injured, arrested, or worse. By choosing to participate you are still responsible for your actions. Overall, don’t make this event like Santa-con; be excellent to each other.
Categories: Fun & Games