Pillow Fight 2019
Feathers fly at this fun, flash-mob type event which takes place annually on Valentine’s Day. It’s Pillow Fight.
In the past, nearly 1,000 San Franciscans descended on Justin Herman Plaza with feather-stuffed pillows to run Braveheart-like at full speed at one another to lovingly beat the crap out of each other until their arms fall off.
Will There Be a Pillow Fight This Year? This is a decentralized unofficial (and unpermitted) event, so attend at your own risk of being disappointed. But if 1,000 people head down to Justin Herman Plaza with pillows and THINK there’s going to be a pillow fight… then there’s probably going to be a motherf*cking pillow fight even if there’s no one “in charge.”
2019 Pillow Fight
February 14, 2019 | 5:50 pm (typically the pillows fly starting at 6 pm)
Embarcadero Plaza, SF
Please note there’s nothing listed yet for 2019 on the pillowfightsf Facebook page, but that doesn’t mean that it’s not taking place.
- The event is always tentative – it’s like an unorganized flashmob. There could be 1,000 people; there could be zero people. The police could shut it down.
- Bring a mask or bandana to cover your mouth – it’s easy to choke on flying feathers.
- Don’t hit anyone without a pillow (and be gentle with kids)
- Bring a synthetic pillow (not one with feathers). Trust us… it’s much more enjoyable this way.
- Bring a garbage bag – have fun and then help clean up afterward. The price of having fun is keeping your city clean and makes it much less likely for the fuzz to shut this thing down.
- This is a great cardio workout. Build up your arm strength – your arms will be sore after this… trust us.
- It’s worth repeating… HELP CLEAN UP AFTERWARD. We can’t stress this enough so that we can continue having fun anarchy like this.
See some great photos of past Pillow Fights by Geng Giminski.
Categories: *Top Pick*, Fun & Games, San Francisco