Pillow Fight 2015
Feathers will fly at this fun, flash-mob type event which takes place annually on Valentine’s Day. It’s Pillow Fight.
In the past, nearly 1,000 San Franciscans descended on Justin Herman Plaza with feather-stuffed pillows to run Braveheart-like at full speed at one another to lovingly beat the crap out of each other until the whistle blows.
Please Note: Will there be a pillow fight? This is a decentralized unofficial event, so our feeling is that if 1,000 people head down to Justin Herman Plaza with pillows and THINK there’s going to be a pillow fight… then there’s probably going to be a motherf*cking pillow fight even if there’s no one “in charge.” Check out the Pillow Fight Facebook page for 2015 details. Here’s a Facebook event page, but it’s just by a fan, so don’t count it as gospel.
2015 Pillow Fight
February 14, 2015 | 5:50 pm (typically everything begins around 6pm)
Justin Herman Plaza, San Francisco
- Bring a mask or bandanna to cover your mouth – it’s easy to choke on flying feathers.
- Bring a synthetic pillow (not one with feathers). Trust us.. it’s much more enjoyable this way.
- Bring a garbage bag – have fun and then help clean up afterward – the price of having fun is keeping your city clean and makes it much less likely for the fuzz to shut this thing down.
- Build up your arm strength – your arms will be sore after this… trust us.
- It’s worth repeating… HELP CLEAN UP AFTERWARD – we can’t stress this enough so that we can continue having fun anarchy like this.
See some great photos of past Pillow Fights by Bill Taylor.
Photo Credit: Marco Sanchez