“SantaCon” or “Santarchy” is San Francisco’s annual city-wide Santas-only pub crawl happening on December 15, 2012.
This flash mob-type event brings together hundreds of slightly sober people dressed in Santa costumes parading around the city, visiting landmarks (like walking down Lombard Street) drinking at bars and causing general mayhem.
And just so you know, wearing a santa hat isn’t enough… get yourself a full-on santa suit.
Saturday, December 15, 2012, Noon
Union Square Park, San Francisco
>> Latest Updates: Everything is subject to change – Dates, times, locations… check sanfranciscosantarchy.wordpress.com before heading out. Please note the new starting time and location – it’s at Noon, not 1pm and at Union Square, not at Civic Center.
Starting Locations / Times
- 10am: East Bay Kickoff : Meet at Heinold’s (Jack London Square/Oakland) – Morning drinks and grab the 11:30am water sleigh, aka ferry to San Francisco. Arrive at Noon and find your way to Union Square.
- Noon: SF Kickoff: Start at Union Square
Once you meet up at Union Square, you choose where you go – for 2012 there’s six different routes/zones for santas to follow including The Mission, Chinatown/North Beach, Polk Gulch/Tenderloin, Upper Haight, Lower Haight and Castro. Full Route Details for 2012.
Mid Day Santa Meetups
Got lost from your Santa flock? or can’t join until the middle of the day? There are two Santa Meet-Ups planned for 2012.
– 3:30pm – Washington Square Park (North Beach)
– 3:30pm – Dolores Park
2012 After Parties:
- SantaCon Dance-a-thon All Day Dance Party – Monarch (101 6th St., SF) – free all day, but toy donations are encouraged
- BootieSF Holiday Party – DNA Lounge (375 11th St.) – fully dressed Santas (just a Santa hat won’t do) get in free all night.
- The Duckpond Santacon Afterparty – The Duckpond (800 Larkin Street) – Starts at 1pm
- HardCandy SantaCon After-Party – Shine (1337 Mission Street) – Free in Santa costume.
- SantaCon Food Truck Party – Starting at 11am SoMa Streat Food Park (428 11th Street) will welcome all Santas with drink specials and festive food trucks.
- Toys for Shots – Molotov’s (582 Haight Street) – from 7-10pm donate a toy, get a free shot
Plus there’s many other bars for santa including Club OMG!, Rouge, Shine and more. Full After Party details for 2012.
- Wear a full-on Santa suit (not just a hat)
- Don’t F*ck with the police, kids or security guards – Have fun, but behave yourselves.
- Download the SantaCon “Dirty Little Song Book” with f*cked up funny versions of your fav Christmas carols
What to Expect:
- The event is rain or shine, cold or wet
- Expect to ride Muni and Bart and to walk a lot
For More Information: