SF Celebrates MLK Day 2021
San Francisco celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. Day, albeit a little bit differently in 2021.
A few of the usual annual events unfortunately won’t be taking place this year like the Martin Luther King, Jr. Labor & Community Breakfast, the MLK2021 Commemorative March and the commemorative transit which provides free transit to the march, but there’s still plenty of inspiring programming to commemorate the holiday from NorcalMLK Foundation.
2021 SF MLK Day Programming
2021 King & Faith Series goes virtual with a set of programs designed to inspire contemplation of two primary concepts central to Dr. King’s message, justice and hope, January 17, 18, 21.
The Black & Brown Comix Arts Festival(BCAF) celebrates the creativity of people of color in the comic arts and popular visual culture. NorcalMLK’s BCAF is brought in partnership with the San Francisco Public Library. BCAF2021|Virtual will bring over 20 virtual programs and activities for all ages, January 16-18.
MLK2021 Health and Wellness Festival will present a set of virtual programs designed to promote mental health, in partnership with the San Francisco Chapter of the Links, Inc, January 16-18.
Liberation Film Screenings (January 16-18) – A partnership with California Newsreel, 2021 marks the eleventh annual program of human interest and civil rights documentaries and conversations. For MLK2021, join our partner, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute, in the, Where Do We Go From Here? | Documentary Film Festival, beginning Friday, January 15.
MLK2021 Music Festival (January 18) – Join us as the hit show, I Remember That Song headlines the MLK2021 virtual music festival with two shows celebrating our MLK2021 themes “Justice” and “Hope”. The MLK Music Festival is a partnership with Yerba Buena Gardens Festival.
Plus on Monday, January 18, join as SF Mlk Day presents their virtual MLK2021 program full of activities, special guests, and commemorations reflecting Justice and Hope in 2021.
MONDAY, January 18 – MLK DAY
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – MLK Jr. Holiday 2021 Virtual Film Festival – All day
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – Black & Brown Comix Arts Festival (Jan 16-18) Virtual Events – All Day
- 1/18 – Online – Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Celebration (Virtual Interfaith Prayer Service “Justice & Hope”) – 8:30am
- 1/18 – Oakland – Martin Luther King Day of Service – 10495 Edes Ave. – 8:30a-1:30p
- 1/18 – Oakland – ZAP-ATHON Online Action to Cancel Rent and Ban Evictions – 9a-6p
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service Virtual Bioblitz Launch – 10am
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – Martin Luther King Jr. Virtual Day of Service at Homeless Garden Project – 10a
- 11/18 – Online – Call to Action: MLK Moral Monday Interfaith Service of Light, Love and Leadership – 10am
- 11/18 – Oakland – Rally & Caravan: Stop Trumpism and the Far Right – Laney College Baseball Field – 11a
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – MoAD’s Virtual Celebration of MLK Jr. (Livestream) – 11:30a – 5:15p
- 1/18 – Bay Area (Online) – It Takes A Village: Remotely Assemble COVID Face Shields for Donation – Noon
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – The Insurrection: On the House Floor w/ Congress Member Ritchie Torres – Noon
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – This is the Moment | MLK Day Virtual Lunch and Learn – 12:30p
- 1/18 – San Jose – MLK Day 2021: Walk for Justice …Free Carlos Harris – City Hall – 1p
- 1/18 – Santa Cruz – “Food Not Bombs” Martin Luther King Jr Day Concert – Laurel & Front – 1-4p
- 1/18 – Oakland – Oakland’s 7th Annual Reclaim MLK’s Radical Legacy Day of Action + Car Caravan – Port of Oakland to East Oakland – Noon to 4p
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – The Insurrection: Q&A on Impeachment w/ Law Prof. Hadar Aviram – 4:30p
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – The Insurrection: The Trump Social Media Ban w/ Casey Newton – 5p
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – Black ADEM Candidates in Discussion on MLK’s Legacy and Black Voting Rights – 6pm
- 1/18 – SF (Online) – The Insurrection: Did Trump Violate the Constitution? w/Cody Harris – 6p
No Funcheap events found.