SF City Hall Lights Up Rainbow for Pride (June 7-27)
Every evening at sunset, over 220 state-of-the-art LED lighting fixtures illuminate City Hall’s exterior. Normally, a soft white glow shows off the play of light and shadow on the full façade and dome. Frequently, special plaza façade lighting schemes honor or celebrate events, seasons, and holidays.
City Hall will be lit up in rainbow colors many nights during June in honor of Pride.
- 6/7 Rainbow – Raising of PRIDE Flag and Kick-Off of SF PRIDE Month
- 6/8 Gold – Honoring Frontline workers
- 6/9 Blue – Honoring Healthcare workers
- 6/10 Red/white/blue – Honoring 1st Responders
- 6/11-12 Rainbow – PRIDE Movie Night at Oracle Park – by Frameline, SF PRIDE and SF Giants
- 6/14 Purple – Honoring our Hospitality industry
- 6/15 White – Ride of Silence – honoring those who lost their lives while cycling in SF
- 6/16 Blue – Honoring Healthcare workers
- 6/17 Red/white/blue – Honoring 1st Responders
- 6/19 Green/red/black – Juneteen/Emancipation Day
- 6/20 Gold/Green – Father’s Day
- 6/21-24 Rainbow – SF PRIDE
- 6/25 Blue/pink/white – TRANS March
- 6/26-27 Rainbow – SF PRIDE Weekend
- 6/28 Purple – Honoring our Hospitality industry
- 6/29 Gold – Honoring Frontline workers
- 6/30 Pink – Pink Triangle
The schedule is always tentative for the holiday lights and subject to change when there are special events and the building is lit in honor of those.