Slim’s Shady Free Concert Night
Join Slim’s for an all-ages evening of free live music featuring a great mix of local talent headlined by Bayonics. The show also features The Comet Empire, Edison, Beautiful Machines, Pollux and Bangbang.
Slim’s Shady Summer 2012 Music Blowout
Thursday, August 23, 2012 – 7p
Slim’s, 333 11th St, SF (SoMa)
- 7p – Bang Bang
- 8p – Pollux
- 9p – Beautiful Machines
- 10p – The Comet Empire
- 11p – Bayonics
- Edison throughout
Bayonics (Fusion of Hip-Hop, Latin, Jazz, Funk, Jam, R&B and more) are an 11-piece powerhouse from San Francisco’s Mission District that defines today’s Bay Area experience, fusing the musical genres of hip-hop, Latin music, funk and reggae with elements of rock and jazz. They have been described as a fresh, hip-hop influenced revival of legendary groups like War and Santana, continuously expanding and melding genres to match the evolving cultural landscape. Bayonics have shared the stage with musical heavyweights ranging from the Wu-Tang Clan, Mos Def, Common and N.E.R.D. to Ozomatli, Bomba Estereo, B-Side Players and Cultura Profetica.
- Bang Bang – Reminiscent and influences of PJ Harvey, Nina Simone, Jack White, The Runaways
- Pollux – A sound described as “Rufus Wainwright-meets-At The Drive In” – Ben Temchine, Your Call Radio.
- Beautiful Machines – Electronic pop rock – sounds of Underworld, Goldfrapp, Massive Attack, Depeche Mode, NIN, MGMT
- The Comet Empire (Formerly Little Yellow Perfect) – Sounds Like: Queens of the Stone Age, Echo and the Bunnymen, Editors, Ryan Adams, Duran Duran
- Edison – 1 man talent of electronic box-rocking