Superhero Street Fair
Heroes and villains battle (and party) together within an urban theatrical landscape during an all-day street fair filled with seven stages of DJs and burning man camp-style entertainment, human hamster ball races, sexy robots, a super hero boot camp, a costume contest, and more.
Otherwise, it’s $10 at the gate if you’re in costume; $20 if you’re Clark Kent.
- Seven stages with 13 of Burning Man-style sound camps – House to Dubstep, Downtempo to Reggae, Drum & Bass to Progressive
Featured camps: Symbiosis, Housepitality, MUTI Music, Trapeze, Dancetronauts, Opel, Pulse SF, Stamina, Enchanted Forest, Underground Nomads, The Boombox Affair, Soundpieces, Supperclub and Celtic Chaos
- Live music by Shovelman, a junkyard beatnik surrealist folk SuperHero wielding a guitar/antique shovel
- Climbing Wall, Jousting and Zorbs (like giant human hamster balls)
- LED Artwork and Tesla Coil (after dark)
Works by: Animatronic Flowers, Solar Freaking Galaxies, Light tunnel, Desert Spring, and Visikord: Video Dance Light Wall
- The League of Awesomeness: ‘Hero’s Courage’ Climbing Wall, the Superhero Bootcamp, and one-on-one Superhero Life Coaching sessions
- Art on the Water: Super Sphere Flowtilla
- Boardwalk Oasis: beautiful waterfront boardwalk with cobblestone walkways and outdoor LED art displays
- Inter Galactic Lasers and Lighting by Radiant Atmosphere
- Light Sculpture Garden Gallery
- Cartoon Art Museum: Museum exhibit and live animation drawing
- Mission Comics: Comic book and graphic novel exhibit, from your local comic book store located on 20th street in the Mission.
- Jack Kirby Museum: Celebrate “The King” of comics. Check out exhibits by the creator of the Captain America, Fantastic Four, Sliver Surfer, X-Men, Hulk, and Avengers, among others.