Free History Celebration: Talks & All Day Crafts | California Historical Society
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
California Historical Society | 678 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Community Days at California Historical Society are all-day free events that aim to engage the public in key themes connected to its exhibitions Native Portraits: Contemporary Tintypes by Ed Drew and Sensational Portrayals of the Modoc War, 1872-73.
Free, but an RSVP is required.
Join this fun event for pop-up talks, crafts, food, and more on August 13 and November 12.
Schedule of Events
- 11 am-1 pm Tule Canoes with Peopleologie (Limited supply, first come, first served)
- Noon-2 pm Kids Club at Annie Plaza
- Lynn Lin will be taking portraits for anyone who is interested
- Take your Peopleologie Tule Canoe to the Plaza and test it out in the Kiddie Pool
- Create and Make with Children’s Creativity Museum
- 3:30 pm Hear a short set from the Band, Almas Fronterizas and listen to them talk about working with our featured photography, Ed Drew, their influences, art, and personal history.
- All Day Crafts
- Make your very own cardboard camera
- Draw a portrait of someone you care about or are inspired by