Community Music Day: Classic Demos, Musical Performances & Petting Zoo | Berkeley
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Crowden Music Center | 1475 Rose Street, Berkeley, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Community Music Day is Crowden’s annual free musical carnival for the entire family. Join Crowden, San Francisco Chamber Orchestra, San Francisco Girls Chorus, and East Bay Music Together for a day of musical fun.
What to Do at Community Music Day
Instrument Petting Zoo
- Kids and adults alike explore, touch, and learn to make sounds on all the different instruments in a symphony orchestra, with the help of our young Crowden student Zookeepers! We even have special miniature string instruments for tiny hands and fingers.
Very First Concerts with the San Francisco Chamber Orchestra
- San Francisco Chamber Orchestra and Crowden Music Center encourage audiences to get up and dance in Very First Concerts, a classical series designed with the youngest listeners in mind.
- Family members of all ages can sing, dance, move, and drum together in their short class demonstrations. Sample Crowden early childhood classes and East Bay Music Together.
- Drop into their auditorium for musical performances all day long. Featuring Crowden School ensembles and the San Francisco Girls Chorus.
- Construct your own instruments to make music at home.
- Relax from the crowds in the “chill” room, where they’ll show music-related movies.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Kids & Families, Live Music, Theater & Performance