1,000 Free Thanksgiving Dinners | Livermore
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Bothwell Arts Center | 2466 8th St., Livermore, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Livermore Community Thanksgiving Dinner is celebrating its 34th year of providing a free hot meal on Thanksgiving Day. The guests include seniors, singles, shut-ins, families and veterans from the VA Hospital. This is a free community dinner and all are welcome.
They will be serving well over 1000 meals at the Bothwell Center and delivering hundreds more to those unable to come to the center.
There are more ways to help:
- Invite anyone who might otherwise be spending Thanksgiving alone. If anyone needs transportation, or a hot dinner delivered if they are unable to attend, should call 455-9782.
- They are need volunteers to cook turkeys at their home. Turkeys and pans will be provided, and you are asked to cook and deliver them to the hall at a specified time. Call 455-9782.
- They need the community to contribute the desserts (pies, cakes, etc.) to the dinner. Desserts can be brought to the hall after 7:00 PM on Wednesday Nov. 25th, but preferably on Thursday morning, Nov. 26th.
- They need anyone interested in helping out to attend the first meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 9th at 7:00 PM at the Bothwell Center at 2466 Eighth Street. At this meeting they will give talk about the history and purpose of this dinner, describe jobs that are available and start sign ups for them.
- They need help cleaning and returning equipment. On Friday, Nov. 25th at 10:00 AM, meet at the hall to return all the things borrowed.
They need monetary donations. Checks may be made payable to ‘The Livermore Community Thanksgiving Dinner’ and mailed to 492 Colusa Way, Livermore, CA
Tags: community, dinner, holiday, Thanksgiving, Turkey
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Charity & Volunteering, East Bay, Eating & Drinking, Free Food, Thanksgiving