Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Free Museum Day, San Francisco
de Young Museum Free Admission Day | First Tuesdays
Every 1st Tuesday
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Located in beautiful Golden Gate Park, the de Young Museum is a landmark art museum founded in 1895. Your visit includes a whirlwind trip around the world as the museum’s collections feature priceless treasures and works of arts from the 17th through the 20th centuries from the Americas, textile arts, and art of Africa and Oceania.
Free Admission Day: de Young
First Tuesday of the month (except June 2019)
Normally, admission is $15 for adults, but on the first Tuesday of every month, admission is free (special exhibition fees still apply).
- This offer applies only to the permanent collection galleries.
- Full-priced admission to special exhibitions still applies.
- Free admission may be redeemed by visiting the Ticketing and Membership Desks.
- This program will not be offered during Bouquets to Art (June 4–9, 2019).
Free Things to See at the de Young
Even if you don’t attend on a free day, make sure to head up to the gorgeous glass-walled Hamon Observation Tower which offers stunning 360-degree panoramic views of downtown San Francisco, Golden Gate Park, the Bay, and the Marin headlands.
Also, stroll through the whimsical Barbro Osher Sculpture Garden to see modern works and James Turrel’s site-specific sculpture Skyspace.
Access to both the Observation Tower and the Sculpture Garden are free to the public. Please note, the Tower Observation Level closes one hour prior to the museum’s close.
- Free Saturdays for SF Residents – San Francisco residents with a valid driver’s license or postmarked envelope from an SF zipcode can visit the de Young’s permanent exhibits for free. Skip the line and reserve your tickets in advance online.
- Zip codes: 94102, 94103,94104, 94105, 94107, 94108, 94109, 94110, 94111, 94112, 94114, 94115, 94116, 94117, 94118, 94121, 94122, 94123, 94124, 94126, 94127, 94129, 94130, 94131, 94132, 94133, 94134, 94158, 94159, 94188
- Public Transportation – Take public transit and save on admission with proof of public transit purchase. Riders of BART, Muni, Caltrain, and more can receive a $2 discount. This discount is available in person at the time of purchase only, does not apply to internet sales, or previously purchased tickets, and cannot be combined with other offers.
- SNAP Benefits – All visitors receiving food assistance (SNAP benefits) are offered free general admission to the permanent collection galleries by showing a valid EBT card at the Ticketing and Membership Desks.
- Accessibility Admission – Individuals with disabilities are offered free general admission by showing valid ID at the Ticketing and Membership Desks, or by contacting email@example.com. Discounted special exhibition tickets are available by showing a valid ID, Medicare card, doctors’ note, or Reduced Fare Transit Card at the Ticketing and Membership Desks, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bank of America Card Holders – During the first full weekend of every month—Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, or U. S. Trust cardholders can receive complimentary general admission by presenting a Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, or U.S. Trust credit or debit card, or Bank of America bank statement and photo ID. Tickets are available onsite, day-of only, and are subject to availability; arrive early for best availability.
- Discover & Go – California library cardholders may receive free general admission to the permanent exhibits by presenting a Discover & Go voucher at the Ticketing and Membership Desks. Register online with your local California library to receive a dated Discover & Go voucher prior to visiting.
– Updated 6/1/19 – Event info last checked via website
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Free admission to general galleries; special exhibition fees still apply
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Free Museum Day
, San Francisco
Address: 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA