POSTPONED: 2020 Earth Day on the Bay: Live Music & Touch Live Sharks | Redwood City
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Marine Science Institute | 500 Discovery Parkway, Redwood City, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Update: Please note that the event is postponed until further notice.
The Marine Science Institute is honoring planet Earth with the annual “Earth Day on the Bay” event from 10:30 am to 4 pm on Saturday, April 18, 2020.
They’re open to the public just once a year and they’ve made sure to bundle as much wonder, fun, and knowledge into a single day as possible. Featuring MSI’s exclusive combination of music, mud, and sea creatures, Earth Day is an enjoyably edutaining time for all.
2020 Earth Day on the Bay
Saturday, April 18, 2020 | 10:30 am to 4 pm
Marine Science Institute, 500 Discovery Pkwy, Redwood City
- Morning Welcome Music with the Steel Jam band
- Touch Live Sharks, Sea Stars, Crabs, Flounder, Eels, and more
- 2-hr Discovery Voyages aboard their 90′ research vessel. Book in advance – $20 single admission for ship voyage (must be 5+, all children must be supervised)
- Ocean Critters Arts & Crafts
- Local Business and Environmental Organizations Environmental Fair with hands on activities for visitors
- Under the Sea Photo Booths
- Flamin Dogs BBQ on site for great meals to feed the entire family
The Marine Science Institute was founded in 1970, around the time that the issue of water resources was becoming a major concern for many Bay Area inhabitants. The Institute’s philosophy was founded on the idea that putting students in direct physical contact with their local bay environment will help cultivate their natural sense of curiosity, while enriching their understanding of science and fostering a responsibility to protect their environment.