East Bay Underground Market | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
ForageSF, the people behind the wildly popular “San Francisco Underground Market” are headed to Oakland on Saturday to throw the first East Bay Underground Market. There will be tons of new East Bay vendors, music by Beat Beat Whisper, and an outdoor space which will be a nice change. If you’ve never been to an Underground Market, think a farmers market, but at night, with music and drinks.
East Bay Underground Market I
Where: Parking lot at the corner of 24th/Broadway in Oakland
When: Saturday Aug. 7th from 5-11pm
* In order to enter the market, we’re going to ask everyone to sign up for a free membership to the Underground Market. Don’t worry, it’s just a formality. If you’ve signed up in the past for the SF Underground Market, no need to re-apply.
We didn’t want this to just be the SF Underground Market in the East Bay, so we put out an early call for East Bay vendors and got some really good stuff. So far we’ve got 40 East Bay vendors confirmed, making everything from bacon hot sauce to savory potato tarts. Along with East Bay folks, we’ve got some of our favorites from the SF Underground Market to make the trip out east.
Here a couple of our vendors:
* Hella Vegan Eats – Vegan tamales, salsas and ice cream
* Linh Nguyen – Vietnamese pancakes
* Homeroom – Mac n’ Cheese
* Immaculate Confection Cakes – Liquor cakes
* Brandon Yee – Pulled pork sandwich & beef briscuits;
* plus about 45 more…
Music by Beat Beat Whisper, a great Oakland band that actually played at our first Underground Market. They’ll be playing a couple sets from 7:30-10pm.
Categories: *Top Pick*, East Bay, Eating & Drinking, Live Music