Education in a Digital World | SOMA
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
pariSoma Innovation Loft | 169 11th St., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
On Monday, June 13th come to pariSoma Innovation Loft to hear how Creative Commons, Open Educational Resources (OER), technology, and openness in general have been crucial in reshaping the way we teach and learn (online, offline, in the classroom and out), and join the discussion of how we can continue to make it so.
There will be a panel discussion exploring the ways we can facilitate this desire to improve learning. How do we maximize the impact of education in a digital age, taking care not to leave anyone behind? How can we set up environments where information is free flowing? How can we shift business as usual so that it is the learners and educators themselves who shape the learning and educating?
In the 21st century we are more connected to each other and to information than ever before. As curious and social creatures living in a digital age, we tend to share and distribute the information we receive at remarkable speed and with remarkable outcomes. The end result? Every single one of us, on any given day, is both a learner and an educator. Some of us are more one than the other; some of us are both at the same time. But every single one of us stands to benefit from a revitalized look at what education means in the 21st century.
- Cathy Casserly (moderator), CEO, Creative Commons.
- David Bill, Director of Educational Technology at the Urban School of San Francisco.
- Pete Forsyth, Owner and Lead Consultant at Wiki Strategies.
- Felipe Ortega, Researcher and Project Manager at Libresoft, research group at University Rey Juan Carlos, Spain.
- Amy Roth, Research Analyst at Wikimedia Foundation’s Public Policy Initiative.
- More details on the CC Wiki: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/San_Francisco_Salon
Tags: creative commons, education, Free, SOMA, tech
Categories: Geek Event, San Francisco