Smithsonian’s Annual Free Museum Day | 2022
Smithsonian Magazine’s annual Museum Day returns on Saturday, September 17, 2022 as participating museums and cultural institutions nationwide open their doors free of charge to all visitors who download the Museum Day Ticket.
Museum Day brings together museums, zoos, and cultural centers from all 50 states to offer free admission to all Museum Day ticket holders. Museum Day represents a national commitment to access, equality and inclusion. The annual Museum Day goes beyond getting visitors through museum doors — it acts as a springboard to empower and help advance the hopes and ambitions of the public, particularly school-aged children and those in underrepresented communities.
Museum Day is a one-day event in which participating museums and cultural institutions across the country provide free entry to anyone presenting a Museum Day ticket. Participants are allowed to download one ticket per email address. The ticket provides free general admission on Saturday, September 17, 2022, for two people.
2022 Participating Museums in the Bay Area:
- Museum of Craft and Design, San Francisco, CA
- Cartoon Art Museum, San Francisco, CA
- San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, CA
- New Museum Los Gatos, Los Gatos, CA
- di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art, Napa, CA
- California Automobile Museum, Sacramento, CA
- California Museum, Sacramento, CA
- California State Railroad Museum, Sacramento, CA
- Sacramento History Museum, Sacramento, CA
- Folsom History Museum / Pioneer Village, Folsom, CA
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW! Free admission to participating museums across the country on Saturday, September 17, 2022 for Smithsonian Magazine’s #MuseumDay Made possible by Quaker and Regent Seven Seas Cruiseshttps://t.co/BX6zhc0dER#BoundlessCuriosity pic.twitter.com/RWfHEqxaoV
— Museum Day (@MuseumDay) August 15, 2022
Free / RSVP