Smithsonian’s Annual Free Museum Day | 2021
Smithsonian Magazine annual Museum Day returns on Saturday, September 18, 2021 as participating museums and cultural institutions nationwide open their doors free of charge to all visitors who download the Museum Day Ticket.
Museum Day brings together museums, zoos and cultural centers from all 50 states to offer free admission to all Museum Day ticket holders. Museum Day represents a national commitment to access, equality and inclusion.
Museum Day goes beyond getting visitors through museum doors — it acts as a springboard to empower and help advance the hopes and ambitions of the public, particularly school-aged children and those in underrepresented communities.
This year, Museum Day signifies a return to arts and culture. After spending the past year indoors, it’s time to get out and Experience America — the theme of this year’s event.
- American Bookbinders Museum, San Francisco, CA
- Museum of Craft and Design, San Francisco, CA
- USS Hornet Sea, Air & Space Museum, Alameda, CA
- Bedford Gallery, Walnut Creek, CA
- San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, CA
- San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, San Jose, CA
- di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art, Napa, CA