“Godzilla” San Francisco Battle & Strange Art Opening | SF
Ever wanted to battle with Godzilla? Now is your chance.
Join Pop-Tech artists, Rodwin Pabello & Clint Eldridge as they unleash their latest interactive creation, Predicta PC- Episode Four: I vs. Godzilla.
Using a green screen (à la your local news weatherman), you’ll be put into the San Francisco cityscape to battle Godzilla. You’ll be able to watch yourself on a super old-school Predicta PC TV from the 1950s which has been upgraded and now in color.
And we’re told you can battle Godzilla on the green screen during any of the installation hours.
The I (Eye) in Media w/ Godzilla Green Screen
– Opening Night: Friday, March 14 | 6 to 9 pm
– Sat/Sun, March 15 & 16: Noon to 5 pm
– Sat/Sun, March 22 & 23: Noon to 5 pm
Veterans Community Media Center, 1720 Market Street (btwn. Gough & Octavia), SF
Scheduled to Exhibit:
- Video: Predicta PCs – The Godzilla Episode by Rodwin Pabello
- See all 26 Godzilla movies on 12 classic Predicta PCs from the 1950s
- Political costumes and street theater by Palmer Fauxtest (organizer of the very funny Fauxtest)
- Political activism photo journalism by Dina Boyer
- The I in Media – How word on the street becomes news in print
- Public Media Outlets in San Francisco
- Site Sculpture by Vin Reyes
- Veterans Corner Newspaper Column by Tyler Dylan Brown
- An Iraq story and the fall of Saddam’s statue, first person history, by Dylan Gunther