San Francisco Fleet Week 2021: Blue Angels + Schedule of Events
Look up in the sky when you hear the roaring of jet engines and head down to SF’s northern waterfront and Dogpatch for San Francisco’s annual Fleet Week airshow and festival which is back in 2021 after a year off.
New for 2021 – The Blue Angels are celebrating their 75th anniversary with all new F-18 Super Hornets which are 25% larger than their previous planes.
San Francisco Fleet Week
October 4-11, 2021
Listen to the live Air Show Narration on Twitch – (Noon to 4pm) Trust us… this makes watching the air show much more interesting since you’ll get to learn about all the aircraft and the stunts they are performing.
2021 Schedule of events
Although the festival says the event in 2021 runs from October 3-11, the official calendar doesn’t have any events listed for October 4-5 other than free neighborhood concertsWednesday, OCTOBER 6THThursday, OCTOBER 7TH
- Ship Tours – 10am to 4pm – Pier 30/32 + Pier 35
- Air Show Practice – Typically in the afternoon you’ll hear the Blue Angels buzzing downtown doing practice runsFriday, OCTOBER 8TH
- 2021 Air Show – 10am to 4pm on the northern waterfront
- Parade of Ships– 11a-Noon – watch the fleet enter the Bay under the Golden Gate Bridge
- Humanitarian Assistance Village – 10am on Marina Green
- STEM Center – 10am on Marina Green
- No Ship Tours on FridaySaturday, OCTOBER 9TH
2021 Fleet Week Details
Air Show & Blue Angels – Oct 8-10 2021
Held annually between the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz, The San Francisco Fleet Week Air Show Presented by United attracts fans from all over the globe. The waterfront event is headlined by The U.S. Navy Blue Angels and is the only air show in the United States with a commercial airliner, the United 777, to perform a fully choreographed act.
- Full Air Show – The full air show runs Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 10am to 4pm
- Practice “Survey Flights” – Although they don’t stick to a specific schedule, typically from about 1-5pm on Thursdays the Blue Angels do survey flights and practice maneuvers.
The show is free to watch from the waterfront, or you can purchase grandstand tickets
Sunday, October 10, 2021
Performers and times are subject to change
Time of Event
National Anthem(s) – Flag Jump/Wiskus 12:00 US Navy Parachute Team 12:07 United Airlines 12:15 Red Bull Air Force 12:27 USCG C-27/MH-65 Demo 12:54 459th FTW – T-6 Texan 13:04 437th OG – C-17 Demo 13:10 Greg Colyer – Ace Maker – T-33 13:20 P-3 / P-8 Demo 13:34 Patriots Jet Team 13:44 Mike Wiskus – Lucas Pitts 14:10 Major Garret Schmitz – F-16 Demo 14:22 9RW – T-38 x 2 Fly Bys 14:42 United Airlines 14:48 Blue Angels – Fat Albert 15:00 Blue Angels Team 1 – 6 15:15
Parade of Ships – October 8, 2021 at 11am
Come see “The Fleet” enter the San Francisco Bay under the Golden Gate Bridge as visiting ships steam towards the Port of SF. San Francisco Fleet Week hosts the largest parade of ships on the West Coast.
San Francisco Fire Department will provide lead escort with their fire boat shooting jets of water into the air to celebrate the Fleet’s arrival.
Ship Tours – October 6-11, 2021 (Except Friday)
Throughout Fleet Week, thousands of visitors climb aboard amphibious carriers, destroyers and cruisers docked at the Port of San Francisco to get a glimpse into the day-to-day lives of the sailors serving in the U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard. Ship tours are free and open to the public
Due to the U.S. Navy’s current operational security posture, we cannot confirm the names of ships participating in the 2021 San Francisco Fleet Week until the ships are pierside. Please check back MON 4 OCT for Vessel updates.
Several guides to help you with information about planning your experience at Fleet Week under “Plan Your Trip”.
- All ship tours are free of charge and queue forms on a first come, first served basis.
- Due to safety considerations, no children under the age of 7 are allowed on ship tours.
- Masks required on all US Navy vessels
Port of San Francisco – Embarcadero
PIER 30/32 + PIER 35
WED 10/6, THU 10/7, SAT 10/9, SUN 10/10
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Read the list of prohibited items and visitors’ guidelines.
Bark in the Park “K9 Heroes” – Saturday, October 9, 2021
Whether in the field or in the home, military and civilian working dogs save and change lives. Fleet Week celebrates these K9 Heroes.
In the center of San Francisco at Duboce Park, regional and national K9 services bring their stars to demonstrate their abilities, including therapy tasks, drug and food detection, law enforcement, and bomb detection.
- Saturday, October 9, 2021 – 10am to 2pm – Duboce Park, San Francisco
The event brings dog-loving attendees and includes vendor booths from pet services providers as well as various agencies.
This family-oriented event has gained popularity and is a hit for all ages.
Come see how these four-legged friends have become heroes to so many.
“Honor Our Fallen” Marine Corps Concert – Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Please join us for the 2021 “Honor Our Fallen” Tribute Concert. This special performance by the United States Marine Corps 1st Marine Division Band is a poignant tribute to the service members who volunteered to defend their country and gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Wednesday October 6, 2021 | 6:00 PM
SF War Memorial & Performing Arts Center
The concert is FREE and open to the public. As seating is limited, please make reservations in advance.
The Humanitarian Assistance Village – Oct 8-10, 2021
Did you know the military has a disaster response mission to assist after an event like an earthquake? What equipment could they bring, and what will they be able to do to help the people of San Francisco and the Bay Area? What can our first responders ask of them and how will they work with our local government and private sector stakeholders to provide aid and relief in the aftermath of a major disaster?
- Friday October 8, 2021 – opens at 10am – Marina Green
- Saturday October 9, 2021 – opens at 10am – Marina Green
- Sunday October 10, 2021 – opens at 10am – Marina Green
Come find out! The Humanitarian Assistance Village (HAV) is an open-air interactive exhibition of the military’s disaster relief equipment including heavy machinery, communications equipment, search and rescue capabilities, underwater inspection and repair, field hospitals, and much more. Take your family around for a wonderful educational opportunity and see the airshow while you are there!
Neighborhood Free Concerts – October 4-11
We are incredibly grateful for the participation of the Navy and Marine Corps bands each year as part of San Francisco Fleet Week! We are also incredibly proud of Fleet Week’s Neighborhood Concert Program, which gives San Franciscans a chance to interact with our inspiring service men and women through performances in different neighborhoods throughout San Francisco. Check out our 2021 concert schedule below to see if we’re performing in your neighborhood
Check the latest updates – Lineup subject to change
Monday, October 4, 2021
- 12 PM – Destroyers – TJPA’s Salesforce Rooftop Park at the Amphitheater Stage
- 7 PM – Old George Funk Band – SOMA: Local Tap Bar
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
- 12 PM – Ceremonial Band – Hayes Valley – Patricia’s Green
- 3 PM – Destroyers – Ghirardelli Square
- 6 PM – Brass Quintet – Noe Valley Town Square
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- 12 PM – Destroyers – Irving Business Corridor
- 5 PM – Brass Quintet – Japan Town Peace Plaza
- 6 PM – Ceremonial Band- Wind Ensemble – Herbst Theatre SF War Memorial & Performing Arts Center”
Thursday, October 7, 2021
- 11:30 AM – Brass Quintet – San Francisco Zoo
- 12 PM – Destroyers – Fisherman’s Wharf Crab Wheel Plaza
- 3 PM – Brass Quintet – Ferry Building Marketplace
Friday, October 8, 2021
- 12 PM – Old George Funk Band – Union Square Plaza
- 4 PM – Old George Funk Band – Clement Street
- 6 PM – Brass Quintet – Excelsior District
- 7 PM – Ceremonial Band – Valencia Street
Saturday, October 9, 2021
- 11 AM – Ceremonial Band – Duboce Park
- 12 PM – Destroyers – Bayview
- 12 PM – Brass Quintet – Sunset Mercantile’s Second Hand Saturday
- 1PM – Old George Funk Band – Polk Street
- 4 PM – Old George Funk Band – West Portal
- 4 PM – Brass Quintet – Chinatown
Sunday, October 10, 2021