Flor y Canto Literary Festival | April 11-13
Precita Eyes Muralists presents Flor y Canto Literary Festival from April 11 to 13, 2019. This is a festival that provides a forum for emerging voices of the Mission District and the Latino community with local, national and international poets, the festival .
Flor y Canto Literary Festival promotes the literary arts, enhances our collective mental well-being and the confidence of our neighbourhood and city at large.
Thursday. April 11
- 5:30 pm: Mayan blessing, Balmy Alley
- 6-9 pm: Paseo Poético lit crawl along the bookstores, cafes and community center of the 24th Street cultural corridor
Friday, April 12
- 6-8 pm: Book release: “Solito, solita,” (VOW) first-person stories of unaccompanied young refugees, L’s Caffe
Saturday, April 13
- 2-4 pm: Workshops
– Mission Branch of the SF Public Library: translators panel
– Precita Eyes Muralists: Mayan glyphs and literature
– Alley Cat Books: Acrostic poetry
- 7-9 pm: Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts: Readings by guest poets Feliciano Chan and Fer de la Cruz, both from Merida, Yucatán (Mexico); and the Poet Laureate of San Francisco, Kim Shuck