First Day to RSVP: Free Pier Crabbing Lessons | Golden Gate Bridge
Come to Fort Point at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge to try your hand at Pier Crabbing in the San Francisco Bay on alternating Saturdays from March through October.
In this semi-weekly free class, National Park Service workers will teach you how to use the nets, discuss bait and regulations, and then loan you the equipment let you try your luck on the Fort Point pier.
Please note that certain crabs you’re not allowed to keep (Dungeness, for example) – you’ll learn all the rules during this free class.
2017 Pier Crabbing Lessons at Fort Point
March through October | Saturday mornings, 10 am to noon
Fort Point, Marina Dr, San Francisco
FREE, but you must enter the lottery as spots are limited
How to RSVP view the Lottery for the 2017 season:
- Lottery Entry Dates: March 1-3, 2017 – The only days to enter the lottery – Call 415-504-2334
- The Pier crabbing program will start filling dates for April and May 2017.
– April 2017 Dates – April 1st, April 15th, and April 29th
– May 2017 Dates – May 6th, May 13th, and May 20th
– Further dates may be announced at a later date.
Reservations can only be made by phone.
Didn’t win the lottery? You can still Pier crab on your own – 7×7 has some great tips on where and how to crab in SF.
Tags: Pier Crabbing