The Society for Asian Art Annual Souk Sale | Fort Mason Center
The Society for Asian Art Souk returns to Fort Mason October 29-30, 2016. Proceeds from this bazaar benefit the Asian Art Museum and provide members and the public the opportunity to shop for Asian-themed treasures and trinkets at bargain prices.
The Society for Asian Art Annual Souk Sale
Saturday, October 29, 2016 | 12 pm to 5 pm
Sunday, October 30, 2016 | 10 am to 2 pm
Fort Mason in the Firehouse
They expect to have 3000+ items donated by fellow Asian art and culture enthusiasts.
Art and antiques, collectibles and crafts in search of new homes include:
- Chinese, Japanese and Korean paintings and calligraphy,
- screens and scrolls, woodblock prints, porcelain and other ceramics,
- cloisonne, baskets, bronzes, court costumes and kimono,
- dolls, lacquer and tea wares;
- from the Silk Road: colorful carpets, ethnic clothing and jewelry, beads and bangles, musical instruments;
- from South and Southeast Asia: handcrafted metal work, hand-woven textiles, carved wood statues and masks;
- decorative objects and dramatic deities from the Himalayas and beyond