2019 The Crucible’s Open House: Glass Blowing & Live Fire Demo | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
The Crucible | 1260 7th Street, Oakland, CA
Join The Crucible for their annual Spring Open House for a taste of what you can create in the fine and industrial arts. With inspiring and educational demonstrations in nineteen departments, including Neon, Ceramics, Glass Blowing, Blacksmithing, Welding, and more, you will walk away with greater knowledge of how to get started on your next creative pursuit.
2019 The Science of Art: Spring Open House
Saturday, March 30, 2019 | Noon to 5 pm
The Crucible, 1260 7th Street, Oakland
2019 Event Highlights
- Art Gallery Walk through our curated art gallery and peruse artwork from Crucible staff, students, faculty, and volunteers.
- Demonstrations Learn more about the different disciplines you can explore at The Crucible by watching Crucible experts demonstrate their craft in 19 departments, including Glass Blowing, Blacksmithing, Foundry, Ceramics, and more!
- Discounted Classes During the Open House, every Crucible class is $25 off! Come ready to register! And don’t forget to submit your name for a chance to win a $250 promotional voucher towards a Crucible class! All are eligible to participate.
- Food And Beverages Inside, we will be serving wine and beer graciously donated by Old Kan Beer & Co. Outside, local food vendors will be serving delicious meals. Please note, some vendors are cash only.
- Local Vendors There will be local vendors selling their wares and art, including ceramic pieces, jewelry, glass, artisanal bath supplies, sculptures, and much more!
- SoiréE Centerpieces Watch expert Glass Blowers create the table centerpieces for our annual 2019 Fire & Light Soirée in the Hot Shop.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, East Bay, Fairs & Festivals, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops