The Flow – “Loss & Grief: A Starting Place for Healing” (Online Poetry Workshop)
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Submitted by the Event Organizer
FNKO – A series of coffee house style performances brings you a new creative outlet at…The Flow!
The Flow is a series of workshops to help anyone and everyone discover their inner poet – everyone’s a poet! Our facilitator and creator Melody Ybona Gawliu believes that poetry doesn’t have to rhyme (say what?!) and that anything can be seen as poetry. Poetry is simply the expression of feelings, experiences, and ideas. Creativity is like water & we want to help it flow freely. Join us at THE FLOW as we immerse you in an ocean of inspiration through conversation, writing exercises, and writing prompts.
In this first workshop, we want to help unleash your inner writer as we engage in conversation about the barriers that contain our creativity. What stops you from considering yourself a poet? What would your inner voice say if it could be free to express itself? How can I go from writer’s block to writer’s flood?
Some things for you to know before coming:
– you’ll need something to “write” on
– we’ll start promptly at 2pm so please plan to arrive a little early
– come with an open mind and heart and be ready to participate!
– you’re not required to share anything you write (unless you want to!)
– we encourage you to participate in the writing exercises and through engaging in the conversation to make the most of the workshop
– we promote a safe space for people to express themselves in a healthy manner and free of judgement. Anything considered misconduct or abusive towards others will not be tolerated. We say that in the nicest, most loving way possible
– NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY – anyone and everyone is invited!
Join us live through Zoom or Facebook Live Stream: https://ucsf.zoom.us/j/97166122973?pwd=U2tRVUlIYjZrMHFYd2tpbDVuckQ3Zz09
…and be inspired.
Check out our website: http://1fnko.com
Like us on Facebook of FNKO: http://facebook.com/1fnko
Categories: *Top Pick*, Lectures & Workshops, Online