2020 Civil War Living History Day | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Fort Point National Historic Site | Marine Dr., San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Experience first-hand the momentous era of the American Civil War from live reenactors through infantry and artillery demonstrations, medicine in the 1800s, music, Victorian dance and exhibits displaying the lives of men, women, and children of days past.
Civil War Living History Day
Saturday, January 25, 2020 | 10 am to 5 pm
Fort Point National Historic Site, Long Ave & Marine Dr, San Francisco
FREE – No RSVP or registration required
2020 Schedule (subject to change)
- 10 am – Fort Point opens
- 10:10 am – Flag raising ceremony
- 10:30 am – Tour of Fort Point
- 11:30 am – Cannon drill
- 12:00 pm – “California and the Civil War” talk in Fort Point theater
- 12:30 pm – Concert by Wandering Bow Band
- 1:00 pm – “The Battle of Charleston Harbor and Fort Sumter, 1863” talk in Fort Point theater
- 1:30 pm – Ceremony at San Francisco National Cemetery
- 3:00 pm – Tour of Fort Point
- 4:00 pm – Concert by Wandering Bow Band
- 4:30 pm – Flag lowering ceremony
- 5:00 pm – Fort Point closes
- Infantry drills occur every hour on the hour.
- Artillery discussions occur every hour on the half hour.
- Concurrent demonstrations throughout the day (located in the Main Parade Ground):
- Weapons Display
- Implements of the Cannon
- Medical Display
- Musiciain Display
- Cooking Demonstrations and Household Items and Uses
Fort Point stands watch under the southern anchorage of the Golden Gate Bridge. Parking at Fort Point NHS is extremely limited so visitors are advised to take public transportation to the event. Fort Point is a short (15 minute) walk from the Muni 28 bus stop at the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, History, Live Music, San Francisco, Theater & Performance