2019 Civil War Living History Day | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Fort Point | Fort Point, San Francisco
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Experience first-hand the momentous era of the American Civil War from live reenactors through infantry and artillery demonstrations, medicine in the 1800s, music, Victorian dance and exhibits displaying the lives of men, women, and children of days past.
Civil War Living History Day
Saturday, August 17, 2019 | 10 am to 5 pm
Fort Point | Underneath Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
FREE – No RSVP or registration required
2019 Schedule (subject to change)
- Flag raising ceremony at 10 am
- Infantry drills occur every hour on the hour
- Artillery discussions occur every hour on the half hour
- Concurrent demonstrations throughout the day – 1800s medicine, musician, and civilian
- Flag lowering ceremony at 4:30 pm
Fort Point stands watch under the southern anchorage of the Golden Gate Bridge. Parking at Fort Point NHS is extremely limited, so visitors are advised to take public transportation to the event. Fort Point is a short (15 minute) walk from the Muni 28 bus stop at the Golden Gate Bridge Toll Plaza.
Categories: **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, History, Live Music, San Francisco, Theater & Performance