Free Lunar New Year Celebration | San Mateo County History Museum
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
San Mateo County History Museum | 2200 Broadway Street, Redwood City, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The San Mateo County History Museum will join Redwood City in celebrating its 8th Annual Lunar New Year with free admission and special activities on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
This free event will include performances on Courthouse Square just outside the Museum and craft activities for children within the building.
Activity stations based on the Chinese zodiac:
- Station Dog: Language Center
- Station Snake: Zodiac
- Station Dragon: Chopstick Rest
- Station Tiger: Lantern Festival
- Station Goat: Red Envelope
- Station Ox: Mahjong Demonstration
- Station Horse: Abacus Demonstration
- Station Monkey: Costumes
- Station Rat: Chopsticks
- Station Rabbit: Calligraphy
- Station Rooster: Paper Cutting
- Station Pig: Chinese Knotting
Also, on Courthouse Square the Crouching Tiger Restaurant will host the “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” station, where people can learn how to make dumplings.
Categories: **Annual Event**, Art & Museums, Fairs & Festivals, Lunar New Year, Peninsula