Free Lunar New Year Celebration | San Mateo County History Museum
San Mateo County History Museum | 2200 Broadway Street, Redwood City, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
On Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 11 am to 4 pm, the History Museum will participate in Redwood City’s 10th annual celebration of the Lunar New Year. Join for this Asian celebration of change and the Year of the Rat.
The Lunar New Year is one of the most important holidays in Asian heritage, often celebrated with big family gatherings, gift giving, the eating of symbolic foods, and displays of festive decorations–all focused on bringing good luck for the New Year and celebrating the imminent arrival of spring.
Inside the History Museum, kids can participate in activity stations based on the Chinese Zodiac:
- Station Rat: Language Center
- Station Snake: Zodiac
- Station Dragon: Chopstick Rest
- Station Tiger: Lantern Festival
- Station Ox: Mahjong Demonstration
- Station Goat: Red Envelope
- Station Horse: Abacus Demonstration
- Station Monkey: Try on Chinese Costumes
- Station Pigs: Chopsticks
- Station Rabbit: Calligraphy Center
- Station Rooster: Paper Cutting
- Station Dog: Chinese Knotting
Also, on Courthouse Square the Crouching Tiger Restaurant will host the “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon” station, where people can learn how to make dumplings.
Categories: **Annual Event**, Art & Museums, Fairs & Festivals, Lunar New Year, Peninsula