Free BART Rides for Muni Ticket Holders | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
All Over San Francisco | San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Stuck with a terrible public transportation commute before the Muni sick out?
BART to the rescue! As long as you have a valid Muni proof of payment (either a clipper card, or a valid transfer) you can ride for free between Daly City and Embarcadero Station.
How to get your free BART transfer
– Have a valid Muni proof of payment (either clipper card with Muni Fast Pass, or a transfer)
– Go to the BART station agent to request entrance. Do NOT tag your Clipper card.
Every morning and afternoon, they will make a decision whether BART will be offering free rides for Muni ticket holders. Check twitter for the latest updates.
Here’s the full afternoon update for Wednesday, June 4, 2014:
SFMTA Updates Muni Service Plan for Wednesday PM Commute
Customers should continue to monitor media news outlets and real-time Muni updates for information about service. For real-time Muni updates during the week, 5 am to 9 pm, follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/sfmta_muni or sign up for e-mail or text alerts at www.sfmta.com.
BART is still accepting customers with a valid Muni proof of payment between Daly City and Embarcadero stations. Muni customers are advised to go to the BART Station Agent gate to request entrance to the BART system rather than tagging their Clipper card.
All routes and lines continue to experience missed and delayed service. Customers should expect crowding and waits of up to 60 minutes. Some routes may be turned back mid route to help minimize crowding. Announcements will be made via NextBus, on vehicles or in Metro stations.
Muni Metro (J Church, K Ingleside, L Taraval, M Ocean View, N Judah, T Third)
As of approximately 3 pm, Wednesday: the J, L, M & N will operate on short routes with limited bus shuttles to the terminals. All Metro lines will continue to operate with two-car trains to maximize capacity. Customers should allow extra time for transfers. See details below.
- J Church will operate between Embarcadero Station and 30th Street. Limited bus shuttle service will be provided between 30th Street and Balboa Park Station. Customers traveling between Balboa Park Station and 30th are encouraged to use BART or Mission Street routes.
- K Ingleside will operate on its regular route.
- L Taraval will operate between Embarcadero Station and 22nd Avenue. Limited bus shuttle service will be provided between 22nd Avenue and the Zoo.
- M Ocean View will operate between Embarcadero Station and SF State. Limited bus shuttle service will be provided between 19th Avenue and Holloway and Balboa Park Station.
- N Judah will operate on its regular route; however, some inbound N Line trains will be turned back at Embarcadero Station as needed. These adjustments will be made in the subway.
- T Third will operate on its regular route.
Muni Bus Service
- All Limited routes will be in operation.
- All Express routes will be in operation, along with the 88-BART Shuttle and the 3 Jackson.
- The cable cars are not in operation. Cable car lines will continue to be covered by limited bus shuttle service.
- The F Market & Wharves Line will continue to operate only between Fisherman’s Wharf and the Ferry Building. For service along Market Street, please use Muni Metro.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.