Free de Young Community Celebration for “Teotihuacan” | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
de Young Museum | 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA
Celebrate ‘Teotihuacan: City of Water, City of Fire’ with the de Young on Saturday, October 14, 2017, and explore one of the earliest, largest, and most important cities in the ancient Americas.
Catch a Cine+Mas film screening, listen to music from female DJ collective, Chulita Vinyl Club, take part in a scavenger hunt and explore the exhibition itself – all for free.
City of Water: Free Comunity Celebration
Saturday, October 14, 2017 | 9:30am to 4:30pm
de Young Museum, Golden Gate Park, SF
FREE – free ticekts for special exhibit available on-site
Events & Activities:
• Family art-making, 11am-4pm, Piazzoni Murals Room
• Music by Chulita Vinyl Club, 12-4pm, Hamon Observation Tower
• Build a clay pyramid with Linda Janklow of Peopleologie, 12-4pm, Piazzoni Murals Room
• Bookmaking demonstration with Eduardo Valadez Arenas and Luna Francesca Gomez, 12-4pm, Wilsey Court
• Cine+Mas film screenings, 1:30-4pm, Koret Auditorium
Can’t make it Saturday? There’s free admission to Teotihuacan every Wednesday in October 2017.
Programs and museum admission are free courtesy of the National Endowment for the Arts. Come onsite the day-of to redeem a free ticket to see ‘Teotihuacan: City of Water, City of Fire’ from 9:30 am–4:30 pm. Admission into the permanent collection is free with no ticket required.