Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, Discount Tix / Promo Codes, Free Museum Day
Hunter Franks & the Neighborhood Postcard Project | Free Saturdays
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Every Saturday, the de Young offers free general admission to the permanent galleries to San Francisco residents. Please note that admission to any special exhibits is not included nor discounted and will require the full admission price.
Saturdays feature engaging art experiences for the entire family, including art-making, gallery guides, and tours with discussion and sketching in the permanent galleries.
Event Update: This free program will not be offered during Bouquets to Art (June 4–9, 2019).
de Young Museum
Golden Gate Park \ 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA 94118
– Every Saturday beginning April 6, 2019
– Hours are typically 9:30 am–5:15 pm
Reserve tickets in advance to skip the line
- This offer applies only to the permanent collection galleries.
- Full-priced admission to special exhibitions still applies.
- Free admission may be redeemed with a driver’s license or postmarked envelope.
- Zip codes: 94102, 94103,94104, 94105, 94107, 94108, 94109, 94110, 94111, 94112, 94114, 94115, 94116, 94117, 94118, 94121, 94122, 94123, 92124, 94126, 94127, 94129, 94130, 94131, 94132, 94133, 94134, 94158, 94159, 94188
Visitors ages 17 and under always receive free admission to the permanent collection galleries.
Please note this free Saturdays offer could be changed or canceled at anytime. Visit deyoung.famsf.org for updates before attending.
As part of the initiative to welcome all San Francisco residents to the museums free on Saturdays, free unique museum experiences will be provided.
Join in the Piazonni Murals Room as Hunter Franks presents a storytelling exchange activity, The Neighborhood Postcard Project, that collects personal positive stories from underrepresented communities and mails them to random people in different neighborhoods within the same city to break down stereotypes and catalyze connections.
*Free general admission to San Francisco residents. Valid ID or proof of residency required. This offer applies only to the permanent collection galleries.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, Discount Tix / Promo Codes
, Free Museum Day
Address: 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA