Home » *Top Pick*, Art & Museums, East Bay, Free Museum Day, Super Bowl Haters
Free First Sunday Admission | Oakland Museum of California
Every 1st Sunday
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The Oakland Museum of California (OMCA) brings together collections of art, history and natural science under one roof to tell the extraordinary stories of California and its people.
- Sunday Hours – 11am to 5pm – Please check website as hours may change seasonally
- Suggested donation of $5 per person. On every first Sunday of the month, enjoy free admission to OMCA with a suggested donation of $5 for general admission. There is an additional $6 fee for access to special exhibitions.
- Reserve your tickets ahead of time to reduce wait time
- Please note that dates might change for the “first Sunday” promotion if it falls on a major holiday when the museum is closed.
As the only museum to focus entirely on the art and history of California, the diverse collections on display in the 300,000 square foot building present the art and tell the history of California from many angles. The museum invites visitors to experience the history of California through interacting with art, becoming art, and rewriting history.
Please note the museum is closed on certain holidays
- Christmas Day (12/25/22)
- New Year’s Day (1/1/23)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (1/16/23)
- President’s Day (2/20/23)
- Memorial Day (5/29/23)
- Juneteenth (6/19/23)
- Independence Day (7/4/23)
- Labor Day (9/4/23)
- Thanksgiving Day (11/23/23)
- Christmas Day (12/25/23)
Updated 12/6/22 – Event info last checked via Oakland Museum of California
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, Art & Museums
, East Bay
, Free Museum Day
, Super Bowl Haters
Address: 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607