Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Kids & Families, San Francisco Bay Area, San FranFREEsco, Sports & Wellness
Free National Parks Day | President’s Day 2017
Sometimes you’ve just got to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy the serenity of a national park. On certain “fee-free” days throughout the year, enjoy free entrance to all national parks and monuments including Muir Woods and Yosemite National Park and free admission aboard all of the historic vessels at the Hyde Street Pier of SF’s Maritime National Historical Park.
Free National Parks Day
Participating California National Parks:
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument – Starting 1/16/18 – parking ($8) / shuttle ($3) reservations are required, even on “free” days. – Shuttles pick up in Sausalito, Marin City Hub and Pohono Park & Ride – Get shuttle info
- Pinnacles National Park
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park – Hyde Street Pier historic vessels free of charge
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park
Check out all the fee-free national parks in the nation.
Free Entrance Days in the National Parks | 2018
The National Park Service now offers four free days a year, down from 10 previously. All National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.
- January 15: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
February 19: Presidents’ Day – No longer a free day starting in 2018
- April 21: First day of National Park Week – Just one free day starting in 2018, down from four in previous years
August 25: National Park Service Birthday – No longer a free day starting in 2018
- September 22: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day – Just one free day starting in 2018, down from two in previous years
The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.
In addition, any fourth grade student can get a free annual pass through the Every Kid in a Park program, and active duty military and citizens with a permanent disability can also get free passes. For more information about the variety of discounted passes available, please visit the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass page.
*Fee waiver includes: entrance fees, commercial tour fees, and transportation entrance fees. Other fees such as reservation, camping, tours, concession and fees collected by third parties are not included unless stated otherwise
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Kids & Families
, San Francisco Bay Area
, San FranFREEsco
, Sports & Wellness
Address: 1 Muir Woods Road, Mill Valley, CA
Submitted by Johnny Funcheap