Home » **Annual Event**, *Top Pick*, Kids & Families, Monthly Top 10 Preview - April, San Francisco Bay Area, Sports & Wellness
Free National Parks Day for “National Park Week” | 2019
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Sometimes you’ve just got to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city to enjoy the serenity of a national park. On certain “fee-free” days throughout the year, enjoy free entry to all national parks and monuments including Muir Woods and Yosemite National Park and free admission aboard all of the historic vessels at the Hyde Street Pier of SF’s Maritime National Historical Park.
Free National Parks Day
Participating California National Parks:
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument – Parking ($8) / shuttle ($3) reservations are required, even on “free” days. Shuttles pick up in Sausalito, Marin City Hub and Pohono Park & Ride. Get shuttle info
- Pinnacles National Park
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park – Hyde Street Pier historic vessels free of charge
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park
Check out all the fee-free national parks in the nation.
Free Entrance Days in the National Parks | 2019
The National Park Service now offers five free days a year. All National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.
- January 21: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 20: First day of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 28: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day – Just one free day starting in 2018, down from two in previous years
National parks are America’s best idea, and there are more than 400 parks available to everyone, every day. The fee-free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new place or an old favorite, especially one of the national parks that normally charge an entrance fee. The others are free all the time.
The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.
In addition, any fourth grade student can get a free annual pass through the Every Kid in a Park program, and active duty military and citizens with a permanent disability can also get free passes. For more information about the variety of discounted passes available, please visit the America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass page.
*The entrance fee waiver for fee-free days does not cover amenity or user fees for activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours. Although the entrance fee is waved, paid parking/shuttle reservations required for Muir Woods even on free days.
Categories: **Annual Event**
, *Top Pick*
, Kids & Families
, Monthly Top 10 Preview - April
, San Francisco Bay Area
, Sports & Wellness
Address: 1 Muir Woods Road, Mill Valley, CA