Home » *Top Pick*, Comedy, San Francisco, Theater & Performance
Free Theatre, Martinis & Champagne: “Present Laughter” Witty WWII Comedy | SF
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Theatre Rhinoceros invites you to party with the master of wit Noël Coward. Present Laughter is one of Coward’s most personal and wittiest comedies.
This semi-autobiographical comedy follows a self-obsessed actor’s mid-life crisis as he freely indulges his considerable appetite for wine, women and sleeping late. At the center of his own universe sits matinee idol Garry Essendine: suave, hedonistic and too old—says his wife—to be having numerous affairs. Just before he escapes on tour to Africa, the full extent of his misdemeanors is discovered. And all hell breaks loose. Present Laughter premiered in 1942 during the Second World War just as the upper classes were threatened with fundamental social change.
FUNCHEAP INSIDER DEAL: Theatre Rhino is offering 40 free tickets per show to Funcheapers for every show in this production from May 21 –
June 18, 2016 now through July 2, 2016.
How To Order Free Tickets:
- Go to: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2524729
- Choose the date of the show you want to see, then click on the highlighted words which read ”Enter a Password or Discount Code.”
- A blank space appears where you should enter the phrase FUNCHEAP2016 and then click on the button which says “Show Available Tickets”
- This refreshes the page, and now at the top or the window you should see a line highlighted in yellow which reads “FUNCHEAP2016 FREE — Comp Code”. Enter the number of tickets on this yellow line and then go through the check out process. If you choose to have the tickets waiting for you at will call, the tickets will be free, with no service charge.
- If it says no tickets are available for that performance, then choose another date and try again.
- If you have problems getting the discount code to work, call the 24-hour customer ticketing support at 1-800-838-3006 and a live person will help you complete your order.
New! Extended run through July 2, 2016
Performance dates & times:
- Every Tuesday at 7 pm
- Wed-Sat at 8 pm plus Saturday matinees at 3 pm
At 8 pm on Friday, it is easy to find free on-street parking in the area. At 3 pm on Saturday, there is a parking garage within a block. Or you can take Bart and walk two blocks to get there. At 8 pm on Saturday, there should also be plenty of free street parking.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Must enter promo code on BrownPaperTickets website to get free tickets.
Categories: *Top Pick*
, San Francisco
, Theater & Performance
Address: 215 Jackson Street, San Francisco, CA