Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland Museum of California | 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Friday, September 1, 2017
Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market, DJs & Off the Grid | Oakland
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA with Off the Grid food trucks, music, and more! Join OMCA every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market, with the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine from gourmet food trucks, local beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages at the Blue Oak beer garden, live music, and dance lessons. Get creative at family-friendly drop-in workshops, dance to live music and local DJs, and enjoy special guest performers and events. Enjoy unique programs, including:
- Live music, DJs, acoustic sets, and family-friendly dance lessons where you can shake it up with dances based on the weekly music themes.
- Family fun at Friday Nights: every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm.
- After-hours access and discounted admission to special exhibitions and galleries.
- A rotating list of food trucks, music themes, and featured artists. Check the weekly event listings on the right to find out more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute event updates!
- Marketplace @ OMCA: local makers interested in selling artwork, handmade, and handcrafted works at Friday Nights @ OMCA should fill out our Interest Form.
Reservations: Need a place to sit with your full party during Friday Nights @ OMCA? Reserve a picnic table where your group can gather to join all the fun! If you’re planning an even bigger bash, you can now book the Blue Oak café through OMCA’s Event Services department as a private party lounge—it’s perfect for personal and professional gatherings alike.