Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Oakland Museum of California | 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607
Friday, December 29, 2017
Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market, DJs & Off the Grid | Oakland
riday Nights @ OMCA is taking a break for the holidays! Regular programming will resume on January 12, 2018 with the launch of our new Winter Season. But don’t worry, we’ve still got you covered with late night gallery hours and half-price admission on Fridays from 5–9 pm on December 22, December 29, and January 5, plus a cash bar and pop-up store inside popular exhibition Nature’s Gift: Humans, Friends & the Unknown. View holiday hours here, and make your plans to spend time with friends and family at OMCA this holiday season.
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA with Off the Grid food trucks, music, and more! Join OMCA every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market, with the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine from gourmet food trucks, local beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages at the Blue Oak beer garden, live music, and dance lessons. Get creative at family-friendly drop-in workshops, dance to live music and local DJs, and enjoy special guest performers and events. Enjoy unique programs, including:
- Live music, DJs, acoustic sets, and family-friendly dance lessons where you can shake it up with dances based on the weekly music themes.
- Family fun at Friday Nights: every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm.
- After-hours gallery access and discounted admission to special exhibitions and galleries.
- A rotating list of food trucks, music themes, and featured artists. Check the weekly event listings on the right to find out more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute event updates!
- Marketplace @ OMCA: local makers interested in selling artwork, handmade, and handcrafted works at Friday Nights @ OMCA should fill out our Interest Form.