Home » Art & Museums, Club / DJ, Eating & Drinking, Kids & Families, Lectures & Workshops
Friday Nights at OMCA: Night Market & Off the Grid | Oakland
Submitted by the Event Organizer
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA – a weekly free outdoor experience with food trucks and music.
This is a great community gathering that is most vibrant during March-November when the garden and terraces are open as well as during certain weeks in the summer that turn into a big block party. Check Facebook and their website for updates as most activities are seasonal.
Friday Nights at OMCA
– 5-9 pm during Winter (typically Nov-Mar)
– 5-10 pm during Spring/Summer/Fall (typically Apr-Oct)
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and seasonal outdoor activities) – Optional Museum admission for purchase
– Always check the schedule first for updates/cancellations
- Please note, fees for special exhibitions still apply. Ages 8 & under are free
- Marketplace @ OMCA: Local makers selling handcrafted works and art
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons (Seasonal)
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists
- Family fun at Friday Nights: Every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Free street parking of often available. Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $7 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10:30 pm. Directions.
Garden Access: OMCA’s garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA from March through November, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events.
Updated 1/20/2020 – Event info last checked via website
Every Friday night, 5–10 pm
Half-price gallery admission for adults. Ages 18 and under are free!
Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA with after-hours Museum access, Off the Grid food trucks, beer, wine, music, and more!
- After-hours gallery access and discounted Museum admission.
- Marketplace @ OMCA: local makers selling handcrafted works and art.
- Music, DJs, acoustic sets, and dance lessons.
- A rotating list of Off The Grid food trucks and featured artists.
- Family fun at Friday Nights: every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features free hands-on art workshops for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm.
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
*Half-price gallery admission for adults; ages 18 and under are free. Admission for members is always free.
Categories: Art & Museums
, Club / DJ
, Eating & Drinking
, Kids & Families
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 1000 Oak Street Oakland, CA 94607