Reconnect with family, friends, and community at OMCA every Friday night – a weekly free outdoor experience with food trucks and music.
These free events provide a gathering place to come together each week, including live music, hands-on activities, Off the Grid food trucks, and the newly-launched Town Fare Sundeck, featuring an outdoor bar and select bar bites from the cafe menu or bring a blanket and lounge in our garden, now open with direct access to Lake Merritt.
This is a great community gathering with access to the gardens and terraces that help turn this event into big block party. Check their website for updates and special events.
Every Friday, 5-9 pm
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St., Oakland
FREE (for food truck access and outdoor activities)
Holiday Break – Friday Nights at OMCA will be on break between Friday, December 23, 2022 and Friday, January 13, 2023. Oakland’s favorite weekly block party resumes on Friday, January 20, 2023.
– Optional late-night museum admission for purchase
How To Get There
- BART: OMCA is at the corner of Oak and 10th Street and is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
- AC Transit: OMCA is accessible by a number of AC Transit bus lines. OMCA is at the corner of Oak and 10th Street. An accessibility ramp is located at the main entrance on Oak Street between 10th and 11th. For more information, visit actransit.org.
- Free Bike Parking: Free, on-street bike parking is available outside the Oak Street entrance to the Museum. Limited free covered bike parking is available in the OMCA Garage during garage hours, and on Oak Street Plaza, which is on the third level of the Museum, during Museum hours
- Street Parking: Free street parking of often available.
- Garage Parking: Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $10 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 9:30 pm (Thu-Sun)
- Get Driving Directions
Off The Grid Mobile Food Creator Lineup
Curveball Sliders, Cool!naria, Caribbean Spices, Southern Comfort Kitchen, Curry Up Now, Golden Gate Gyro, Momolicious, 3-3-3 Truck, WoKitchen, Kabob Trolley, Senor Sisig, Humphry Slocombe, and more. For all of the details, visit Off the Grid
Join us in the OMCA Amphitheater for a healing musical evening of Afro-Indigenous hip hop beats by Sage & Cedar.
5–8 pm – Off the Grid Service (10th Street)
5–7 pm – Music by DJ Siyah (Amphitheater)
7–8:30 pm – Live musical performance by Sage & Cedar (Amphitheater)
Join us in the OMCA Amphitheater for a healing musical evening of Afro-Indigenous beats by hip hop duo, Sage & Cedar, starting at 7 pm.
Rock out to hard-driving and dreamy rock riffs by San Francisco indie-rock band, see night.
5–8 pm Off the Grid Service (10th Street)
5–6 pm Live performance by see night (Amphitheater)
7–9 pm Music by DJ Karlita (Amphitheater)
Rock out in the OMCA Amphitheater to alternating hard-driving and dreamy rock riffs by San Francisco indie-rock band, see night, starting at 5 pm. Don’t miss a dynamic live show reminiscent of shoegaze and alternative rock of the ‘90s, filled with a mixture of ethereal vocals, swelling drums, and atmospheric guitars.
>Updated 1/3/2023 – Event info last checked via museumca.org
*Most outdoor activities and entertainment is free and open to the public from 5-9pm. Ages 12 and under are free. Admission for members is always free.