The Final “Friday Nights at the de Young” of the Summer | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
de Young Museum | 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive, San Francisco, CA
Friday, August 18, 2017
Friday Nights at the de Young | Golden Gate ParkCourtesy of Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
Kick-start your weekend with free general admission, live music, art-making, cocktails, film screenings, panel discussions, lectures and exhibition tours, all in the name of art.
Join in this Friday, August 18th, for the final Friday Night of the season, in an ongoing commemoration of our special exhibition, ‘The Summer of Love Experience: Art, Fashion, and Rock & Roll,’ which closes on August 20th.
We’re told that Friday Nights at the de Young WILL be back later in the year, but most likely as a monthly special event. Stay tuned….
Friday Nights at the de Young: Season Finale
Friday, August 18, 2017 | 5-8:30p
de Young Museum, Golden Gate Park
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES:
• ’Acid Mantra’ and other Cinematic Delights: Film Screening and Conversation with Ben Van Meter, 7-8:30 pm in Koret Auditorum
• DJ set by Jackie Sugarlumps, 6-8:30 in Wilsey Court
• ‘Face Looking Both Ways,’ by Marshall Elliott, August Artist-in-Residence, in the artist studio
• Oral History Project by storyteller John Graham, 6-8:30 pm in Hellman Hallway
• Timmy Mays trunk show in the museum store
• Mixed-media art-making stations
Please note: Public programs and permanent collection admission are free. An additional fee applies for admission to ‘The Summer of Love Experience: Art, Fashion, and Rock & Roll.’ Additional fees apply for drinks and dining