Home » East Bay, Lectures & Workshops
Full Moon Tibetan Chanting Ceremony | Berkeley
Submitted by the Event Organizer
The full moon is a time to gather for prayer and meditation. The Tibetan Nyingma Institute continues this tradition at the through holding a chanting ceremony on full moon nights.
Join Nyingma students and friends in chanting the Vajra Guru Mantra interspersed with periods of meditation. The chant is held in one of our classrooms and is led by a community member.
No registration is required. The time is from 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm; please arrive a few minutes early.
Please note that if a full moon day falls on a Sunday, we will hold the chant from 5 – 5:45 pm instead.
2019 Full Moon Dates:
- January 21 (Monday) – closed for community retreat
- February 19 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues pm chant)
- March 21 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- April 19 (Friday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- May 18 (Saturday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- June 17 (Monday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- July 16 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues pm chant)
- August 15 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- September 13 (Friday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
- October 13 (Sunday*) – 5 to 5:45 pm
- November 12 (Tuesday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm (merged with Tues pm chant)
- December 12 (Thursday) – 6:15 to 6:45 pm
Disclaimer: Please double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are added to our calendar, and errors do occur.
Categories: East Bay
, Lectures & Workshops
Address: 1815 Highland Place, Berkeley, CA