Castro Halloween Block Party 2018: “Glow in the Streets” | SF
>> Want to see our Top Picks for this week instead?
Market & Noe | Market and Castro, San Francisco, CA
Submitted by the Event Organizer
This Halloween/Samhain weekend, Comfort & Joy is back with an even more dazzling Castro block party for the second annual ‘Glow in the Streets’.
Come get your life on the dance floor with booty-shaking beats all evening, compliments of DJs Black, Power Top Ramen, Justime and Hil Huerta. (See bios)
Your $10 donation will not only help C&J continue to support local artists and special events, but will also get you special discounts at local venues and late night parties.
2018 Amazing Art and Performances Festivities:
- Beautiful visuals from Joshua Katz, Mikey Mann, Steve Dudek and others
- Wondrous glow delights by the Electric Spectrum LED Circus
- Mama Dora and a gaggle of other fierce drag acts
- Neon face/body paint artistry by Ismael Acosta
- Roaming photography by our the brilliant Dot
- Free water as always (but your own cups are appreciated to lessen waste)
The evening’s finale will feature another spectacular show at 8 pm, topped off by a glow extravaganza led by original GayGlo Guerrilla Theater organizer Chickpea and C&J President Ultra. For decades, these acts were an infamous part of Castro’s radical queer culture, shutting down streets and delighting thousands with their amazing blacklite performances.
Dress up for the costume contest. Strut your best look and you could win prizes and be chosen as one of this year’s ‘Glow Quings’ (queer queen + king).
Want to volunteer? Be a part of an amazing crew and get free entry.
Space is limited, so get your donation ticket today.